Monday, May 20, 2013

What is my Purpose? Why Am I here? What should I do with my life?

I think we all have asked ourselves these three questions, feeling UN-easy and confused. I remember back in high school once a year for the four years we would take a Job placement test along with a personality test and it would generate the good, better and best career choices for you. I would laugh because I know from my experience what i really wanted to do with my life was never in any of those categories.

. At a very young age I wanted to be an actor, a singer and a stage performer like any other outgoing girl. That later developed into undercover reporter craving the urge to expose the truth and then my little outgoing girl came out and I wanted to be in the center spotlight and lead news anchor for a major network. While pursuing a media and journalism degree, I was exposed to what really happens behind close doors at large network corporations just like in any story there was a con to the pros of being the face of NBC, FOX, ABC or any other network.

Anyone who knows me knows I speak my mind and have a very hard time being silenced when it comes to something I stand for, so by having my so called dream job  that would mean trading in my very opinionated "mouth" and it being replaced by a corporate little miss perfect voice box. HA HA HA  yeah right! I then was interested, by certain life events, to pursue a degree in justice. due to the fact of  so many flaws and almost illegal practices being done to a lot of people and reeking havoc on their lives. I also know I have a religious calling. This was very confusing and ill speak about it on another post but my God given talent is my ability to communicate with a variety of people and my voice and from personal experience of being enlightened and seeing how much better my life was at peace and full of joy I have a strong desire to tell everyone that they themselves too can have a truly amazing life where there content with every little thing.

 Life has a way of telling you where you belong, yes we have things we like and enjoy but sometimes there are people places and things that NEED US. The universe, higher power  or whatever your belief is ,in my case God.


( and for the purpose of the post I'm going to use the name God when referring to the universe/ higher power/ or any other religious hierarchy but note I love and accept everyone spirituality choice for we are all one and are all different but made in the image of love)

God will so gently place things in front of you forcing you to see little hints of your calling along your life path... and we as humans have blinders on to our true purpose. Its like a scene straight out of some love movie, where throughout the whole movie you know there going to end up falling in love but the girl / guy just keeps missing that perfect chance to express there ultimate true and strongly present love to each other.....and were sitting there screaming at the movie screen :

LIKE COME ON?!?! HE'S RIGHT THERE YOU STUPID GIRL! HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE HIM SITTING RIGHT THERE!

HA HA HA... I laugh writing this because I can just see God throwing popcorn kernels at the movie screen of our lives being like :

COME ON ALISON, I PRACTICALLY MADE YOU WALK RIGHT BY IT THIS TIME AND YOU STILL JUST GO ABOUT YOUR LIFE like " Hmm what should I do?"

I can only imagine that He gets a good chuckle out of all of us oblivious to the fact that He does Hear us and Answers us but it might not be in the way we want to hear it.


God has a birds eye view on our life. He sees...

The START (our little naked baby selves coming into this world)
The JOURNEY (when we fall, when we prank little jimmy, when we do good, when we laugh, when touch other lives, when we hurt, when we give in and sin He sees and can feel it all) The END ( our calling in life, in our career, in our relationships, in ourselves).

 All we can see is the green light in front of us telling us to go ....

But where? really.... where are we going? How can we trust ourselves if we can only see the present time?
That's  like your MOM saying "honey I think I'm going to backpack to Africa to go see the jungles, just me this map, my water bottle and hiking boots." You would look at her like ARE YOU KIDDING ME? you know nothing about Africa, you cant go by yourself, you know no one there, you do not have proper gear or equipment, I'm seriously going to read about some crazy mom who got eaten by a snake because she just wanted to "live life!"

That is us!! If we do not invoke the help of God or higher power for direction or guidance we will be that crazy mom who gets eaten by a snake and ultimately fails at finding our purpose because we just wanted to "live life".

It would make complete sense if your Mom said hey honey I'm planning a backpacking trip to Africa and am going on a GUIDED tour and backpacking tour through the jungle. HENCE THE WORD GUIDED!! Now we know our mom is safe with an experienced ranger who knows exactly what to do and where to go. 

SO LET GOD GUIDE US BECAUSE HE KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT TO DO AND WHERE TO GO! 

Your mom is still going to have the time of her life and experience the craziest things but guided and led safely to her final destination with a sense of accomplishment and reward at the end. So don't be afraid to invoke Gods guidance because you don't think you will live your life. TRUST ME YOU WILL LIVE YOUR LIFE BEYOND YOUR IMAGINATION!! 


And this is what this blog is about finding out your purpose and why are you where you are today, and where are you to go. Hopefully this will help you sort out your next move or make you look at things present in your life in a different way to guide you to your next step.

<3 Alison Claire.

No comments:

Post a Comment